Fee information. Click here for eligibility details (opens in a new window).
£168.00 Half fee available. Course symbols: CL
For those who have completed the Beginners course and those that wish to extend their knowledge. This course will include creating and manipulating tables and advanced formatting of documents. Learn how to produce professional and informative spreadsheets including charts, linking spreadsheets, and using formulae.
Access to a computer is desirable, to practise and keep learning outside of the classroom.
What you will learn
The course will spend the first six weeks making use of more advanced features in Word, making use of Styles, text and page formatting, tables and other inserted objects. We will also examine and make use of the mail merge function and referencing in a document.
How you will learn on this course
The course will be taught using lectures, presentation, discussions, hands-on activities and task sheets.
How you will be assessed on this course
1. Create and edit small-sized word processing documents that will be ready to share and distribute.
2. Insert tables, images and drawn objects into documents.
3. Prepare documents for mail merge operations.
4. Adjust document page settings and check and correct spelling before finally printing documents.
1. Enter data into cells and use good practice in creating lists. Select, sort and copy, move and delete data.
2. Edit rows and columns in a worksheet. Copy, move, delete and appropriately rename worksheets.
3. Create mathematical and logical formulas using standard spreadsheet functions. Use good practice in formula creation and recognize error values in formulas.
4. Choose, create and format charts to communicate information meaningfully.
Qualification and exam information (only for courses leading to a qualification)
What you will be expected to do outside your lesson time
Homework tasks will be set to practise knowledge and skills gained in class.
What you need to bring to the first class
Pens and paper.
What you can do next
Word and Excel: Advanced 1606B522 starting on 19 April 2017.
1706P999 Private one-to-one tuition. This can be arranged on a date and at a time to suit you please call 020 3045 5176 leaving your name and contact details and the type of training you require.
At the beginning of the course, you will have an induction to the College and the course. Your tutor will ask you to complete an Individual Learning Plan (ILP) and agree your personal learning goals.
All documents are a requirement of the Funding Agency.
All students on courses funded by the ESFA must complete a Learning Agreement and ILP.
5 Brampton Road,
Kent DA7 4EZ
Nearest Train Station: Bexleyheath.
Buses: 89, 96, B16, B15, B14, B12, 422
Car park available onsite. Please note car parking spaces cannot be guaranteed.
For further details of parking please refer to https://www.bexley.gov.uk/services/parking