Fee information. Click here for eligibility details (opens in a new window).
£294.00 Course symbols: N
A fun and lively course devised for students willing to learn and improve their Spanish making the most of their time in a pleasant and enjoyable atmosphere. Suitable for students that have studied at least five years of Spanish.
What you need to join the class
a) guidance needed: None required. b) entry requirements: Students need at least five years of Spanish
What the course will cover
The course will cover a variety of topics and activities that are suitable to the students’ level. Students will develop speaking, listening, reading and writing skills as well as learn vocabulary and idioms so that they can deal with a variety of situations encountered whilst in Spain. They will revise advanced grammar and structures, and be able to express their feelings and opinions about news and current affairs.
Teaching and learning activities
Through various activities including speaking, reading, writing, listening, role-play, language games, group work, pair work, discussions, the use of audios and IT resources
What you will be able to do by the end of the course (Course objectives)
• Improve your accuracy and fluency in Spanish
• Feel confident to express yourself on a variety of topics.
• Demonstrate a greater understanding of grammar
• Revise grammar as needed
• Have a wider vocabulary.
• Be able to follow up your own interests with increasing confidence and independence.
• Improve your speaking skills
• Involve yourself fully in a conversation in Spanish with confidence.
• Give advice
• Express opinions and feelings
• Express agreement and disagreement
• Participate in a debate
• Widen your knowledge of Spanish idioms
• Widen your knowledge of informal useful sentences
• Improve your listening skills
• Understand native speakers speaking directly to you (including teacher)
• Understand native speakers in Cds or videos
• Improve your writing skills
• Write longer and more complex texts
• Improve your reading skills
• Read and understand longer texts with complex terminology
• Give a summary or translation of what you have read
• Widen your cultural knowledge about Spain and Latino America
• Compare Spanish and English social and cultural habits
• Discover new traditions about the Spanish way of life
• Discuss current and political affairs.
• Acquire an increased knowledge of Spanish cultural issues
• Analyse a variety of topics expressing personal ideas
• Discuss a variety of topics expressing personal ideas
Examination or qualification (if applicable) including costs. The course fee usually includes examination costs: registration with the exam board, certification and administration fees. If the fees are not included, the brochure will tell you this.
Not applicable to this course.
Work expected outside lesson time (e.g. homework, assignments, etc.)
Students should expect up to 1 hour’s homework each week, normally writing.
What you need to bring to the first class
A4 folder, A4 paper and pen.
Books, materials and equipment you need for the course (including additional costs, specialist stockists, etc.) Note: your tutor may recommend additional items during the course.
A Spanish-English dictionary.
What you can do next
Spanish advanced courses, A level or conversation courses.
Additional information - General
At the beginning of the course, you will have an induction to the College and the course.
3 Sidcup High Street, Sidcup, DA14 6EN Nearest Train Station: Sidcup. Buses: 51, R11, 233, 321, 492 Limited parking on site, behind Waitrose and Travelodge turn right into St Johns Road and please park in the designated LECB space. Nearest public car park Grassington Road, entrance by Morrisons. For further details of parking, please refer to https://www.bexley.gov.uk/services/parking