Maths is everywhere! You use it every day when you look at the time, see how much charge your phone has, pay for your shopping, cook dinner or bake a cake, check the weather or follow directions from your maps app.
Here at LECB, we recognise that not everyone loves maths QUITE as much as we do. In fact, many adults feel quite anxious about starting a maths course. Because of this, we offer a variety of ways of learning and aim to build your confidence and maths skills in a relaxed and friendly atmosphere.
So what do we have on offer?
To help you find the most suitable course, we ask you to take a short initial assessment. It is nothing to worry about, we just it to place you on one of the following:
· Functional Skills: courses for adults that cover basic skills & linking to real-life maths,
· GCSE: foundation and higher levels and
· Core Maths: an exciting new addition this year – a level 3 qualification (similar to AS level) covering useful skills such as financial maths, statistics, spreadsheets and critical analysis.
And what are the benefits of studying maths with us?
· Improved job opportunities
· Progression to higher education
· Increased confidence
· Ability to help children with homework
· Better understanding of finances
· Making more sense of the charts and graphs that are frequently in the news
But, as they say, the proof is in the pudding. Here is what our students have told us:
Covid restrictions have obviously influenced our traditional face-to-face lessons.
But, we have risen to the challenge and found lots of positives along the way.
For those who prefer face-to-face learning we offer socially-distanced lessons in college and for those who prefer to learn from home (or who need to isolate) we are using Microsoft Teams alongside games, videos and other interactive tools.
So why not give us a call or email us at email@example.com to find out more? We can’t wait to meet you and see you in the (virtual) classroom soon.